How to Recognize Symptoms of Mental Exhaustion
Mental exhaustion is often associated with burnout and realizing that this may be happening to you is key for a good personal development. It is due to intense stress in the long term. However, there are not only people that engaged in work that may be referred to mental exhaustion. Serious problems in our personal lives can also create this state of mental fatigue.
It is rare that people recognize the signs and symptoms, they often put it down to stress. These symptoms are subtle and gradually worsen over time. That mental exhaustion occurs on the mind, but also physically, emotionally, and affects your behavior.
Let set a few symptoms:
– Weak immune. Studies have shown that the immune system may be affected. Pain may occur chronically and persons subject to mental exhaustion are more prone to disease.
– Sleep Disorder. Some people are unable to recover and sleep more than normal. Other conversely become insomniacs, thus adding to the stress.
– Fatigue. The person feels tired and unmotivated, losing the “flavor” to life. This eventually negatively affects his work and personal relationships.
– Procrastination. The simplest tasks can seem overwhelming, the person will tend to delay or avoid all responsibilities.
– Low self-esteem. Often associated with mental exhaustion, the person is inhabited by a sense of failure and helplessness. Similarly, tasks performed can bring no satisfaction. This feeling only increases the desperation and exhaustion.
– Isolation. The person will tend to isolate themselves from family and friends, becoming like a hermit looked away in their apartment or their house.
– Consumption dangerous. Often, people to meet and “comfort”, tend to eat excessively. Some increase their consumption of alcohol or take drugs. All this to try to forget their pain, when people are in a depressive state due to mental exhaustion, they often think that this life is no good and they just want to run away from it all by creating a fake reality.
Sometimes we are extremely tired after a long trip or a satisfying workout. But do not confuse these two types of fatigue. The mental exhaustion, it is much deeper. It is the result of stress levels and tensions are extremely high. It has serious consequences on our health. You must be very vigilant and detect symptoms as soon as possible. Which will take action before it is too late.
If you come to notice one (or more) of these symptoms – you must act. The first thing to do is analyze your lifestyle. Get enough sleep, do you have a balanced diet, get regular exercise? A healthy lifestyle is important to help the body to replenish energy and is the first step to increased personal development.